October has been busy with my mind coming back to regular routine, no more long travels, no more distractions and summer is over. It took me a while to get used to it, but I think now I’m in the proper slow, calm, lazy autumn mood. My blanket is my best friend, together with books and a cup of tea.
I’m making good progress on my Ireland reading, just 3 books left to go and one of them is already started. I started on this project late, so it will definitely go into November, but I don’t think it’s a problem, actually I may have a chance to catch up on other reviews and the publish Irish ones in one smooth go. I definitely need to catch up, because none of the posts this month was about a book I read this month, that’s how much behind I am.
Here is what I read this month:
68. The Fall of the Light – Niall Williams (r)
67. The Gathering – Anne Enright (r)
66. The Country Girls – Edna O’Brien (r)
65. The Book of Evidence – John Banville (r)
64. Taking Pictures – Anne Enright (r)
63. The Goldfinch – Donna Tart (r)
Photo by Violetta Kaszubowska