I know it’s already mid-January and I even remember to write 2017 when I write down the date, but I just realized I still haven’t shared with you my lovely Christmas gifts book haul, so here we go.
As I made it public knowledge that I need to read more in Polish, almost all my gifts are in Polish, which will be an immense help in my resolution.
Here is what I got form my mum:
Those are from my in-laws:
Lovely pair of crime from my close friend:
From my Bigger Half a cherry on the cake, the only non-Polish one, because I believe in reading literature in its original language as much as possible:
Those are some more books I bought myself, when a bookstore I was passing by dragged me in (not my fault):
They will be the last books I bought for a while, I decided to join Sarah from HardBookHabit in her challenge. For now for a month, then we’ll see how it goes. It was a hard decision but it had to be made, as my TBR now stands more or less at:
- 100 physical books in my apartment and many more in my family home, but since they are not here I can pretend they don’t exist for now,still a hundred! ore than I read in a year! But that’s not all, I have an e-reader and it’s endless:
- 102 crime books
- 112 in my fiction non-crime folder
- 62 ‘old classics’ – not sure if all would still make my TBR, so let’s count 40 in
- 41 non-fiction – but I’m not sure I’ll want to read all of them, so let’s say 20
- 26 Netgalley titles – ban, ban, ban, no more Netgalley until I get below 10.
- 7 books in German to help me learn the language
This mean that I currently own 450 books, out of which 407 are easily on my TBR. That should last me not a month, not a year, but FIVE years without buying books. But let’s be honest, that’s not going to happen, so baby steps, first January and then we see how bad the withdrawal symptoms are.
This is not an easy challenge, together with my goal of reading at least one Polish book a month those are my resolutions for 2017. Enough!