August is over, but I am not ready to say my goodbyes to the summer just yet, with another vacation planned in September in sunny Spain. August has been a very good month. I finished my #20booksofsummer and I had amazing two weeks in Portugal. For #20booksofsummer I still have nine reviews to write, but they will come in due course, writing them will remind me of summer, as the autumn comes. I am shamefully behind on my 12 bookshops for 12 months project, but I do plan to catch up starting from October, which again will be a treat, as there is nothing better than to enter a warm and amazing bookshop from the winter cold.
Here’s what I read this month, not much, but I was happy with my choices and it is difficult to read a lot while driving around Azores.
51. The Way Back Home – Freya North
50. The Pure Gold Baby – Margaret Drabble
49. The Girl Who Just Appeared – Jonathan Harvey
48. Last Seen Wearing – Colin Dexter
47. The Bookseller of Kabul – Asne Seierstad
46. Vacant Possession – Hilary Mantel
Photo by Violetta Kaszubowska